Friday, April 28, 2006

The Key to Success: Hard Work or Luck?

From my point of view, I suppose that both luck and hard work are important to success. The reason is that I believe there is no such thing as a free lunch. One can hardly ever gain success just by relying on one’s good luck. If one does, it may just be a once in a blue moon chance. There is a personal experience I would like to mention, which is related to how I was able to pass the entrance examination for getting into NTUST. In fact, before I got the right to study in this school, I had tried two times to pass the exam; however, my hard work was in vain. Either the competitors were too great, or I wasn’t prepared well. At that time, I didn’t want to give up for one reason I consider NTUST to be the top ranked school for me, so I believed that the success must be reserved for the person who is most diligent. Even thought I had failed the exam twice, I still put hard work studying instead of waiting for my luck. Finally, I am glad I proved my theory with my effort.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home