Monday, November 28, 2005

Use of Animal

Good evening everyone, I am Lilian

Tonight, I would like to share the topic of “Use of animal” with you.
Talking about this issue brings me back a very uncomfortable experience that once I have seen a documentary which was filmed secretly of illegal slaughtermen who were executing the process of tearing off the leather of raccoon, leopard and other animals that have innately unique fur.

In that video clip, I saw lots of wild animals were caged and as if they were waiting to be sentenced to death. By looking at their helpless eyesight, I felt a great pain and grief come up from the bottom of my heart. I saw a slaughter man firstly drag a raccoon from the cage, no matter how fiercely the raccoon fights against to be pulled out, the brutal guy just shows no sympathy to this little innocent animal; meanwhile, he is casually chatting with his partner with a sinister smile. Following, he uses a bat to hit the raccoon’s head and body till it gets faint. At that point, I felt stomach turning and sickening already, what is more, he uses a knife to cut off the raccoon’s limb, the curliest thing is the raccoon was still alive.

Next, the slaughter man cast that raccoon aside on a pile of his same kind. Continuously, the other man comes, he starts to carve the raccoon to tear apart its flesh and fur. I saw the raccoon was struggling against his death with his feebly gasp, and as the video came closer to film the raccoon’s face, no kidding, I saw tears in his eyes. Because I was too shock to see that, I could barely hold myself together to finish that film. The length of the film was 30 mins in total, but I could hardly carry on watching it after the very first 7 mins. That was the worst thing I have ever seen in my life. I felt rather sick for the whole day after that. As long as I think of that there are such kind of indifference people who also live on the same planet as me. I just hate them.

Does scarce stands for unique?? Should fashion have to be performed in a cruel way?? I wonder how those people who indulging to wear fur coats can feel at ease and justified if they know the coats are obtained that way? Also, I doubt how those people who play the role of executioner can sleep peacefully? They paid no attention to those animal’s growl and struggle but kill them in a cruel way.
What can we do to change the fate of those poor animals that are scarified owing to people’s vainglory? I suppose that everyone should boycotts to wear or to buy fur coats. At the same time, I consider it is a critical issue that we ought to ponder over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home