Tuesday, November 15, 2005

The Reflections of Tennis Class

I had never tried playing tennis before I got in NTUST. And actually I am also not a person who is keen on athletics. However, the reason why I chose to attend this course was because I wanted to try something new which I was not able to try before; to tell the truth, I was not so into the situation of how to hold the racket and bat the tennis ball at the beginning, when I was told that I would be requested to hit the tennis against the wall for at least 15 times continuously for my semester exam, I really wondered if I could do that.

The first impression on teacher 姜 was like he is a very serious and strict teacher, to tell the truth, there was a quick flash once into my mind thinking of switching to the other sport class in the first place, only because I was afraid that I would get low grades on my performance, also for such an unfamiliar sport to me, I did not feel confident of what I was going to learn. However, it has been 10 weeks passed for having the tennis class; to be frank, I am getting used to the sense of getting the tennis in control, at least my highest records of hitting the tennis against the wall is 25 times without dropping down, which is a very good effect after I have paid efforts on practicing my skills. But I must say that I have only improved a little bit, and there are still plenty of rooms for me to move on.

I have had the tennis course for several weeks so far, especially there is one thing that impressed me the most , also, I would like to express my gratitude towards teacher 姜. One time while I was playing tennis, I accidentally sprained my ankle, due to I have the tendency of habitually ankle-sprained, that time I was also seriously injured. Thanks to teacher 姜 approached to me promptly and gave me the first-aid treatment, that soothed my pain a lot. Although my ankle has not fully recovered yet, but I still do not want to miss the class, after all, I want to learn better and better through each time’s practicing.

All in all, tennis to me is a new sport that I am trying, the more I learn, and am able to control it, the more self-confident I gain. I can say that I like playing tennis, and I am looking forward to seeing my improvements through the whole year school term.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home